Penny Gardner's book is just what parents and teachers using the Charlotte Mason Approach to Education have
been waiting for! It relates what Charlotte Mason said about italic handwriting and copy work, or transcription, and makes it easy to teach and use in the home and classroom.
New 2nd edition is now AVAILABLE. This is a 100-page, reproducible ebook for only $10. You may print copies as needed
by immediate family members. This is a huge savings if you have more than one child and there is no shipping cost.
To order this digital book, you may use the order form and mail a check OR you may send $10 (US dollars only) to my PayPal account by simply sending funds to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE SPECIFY THE TITLE OF THE BOOK YOU ARE ORDERING.
I fill orders twice a day. If you ordered an e-book and did not receive it, please check your junk mail folder and make sure your system allows attachments.
From the introduction to
Italics, Beautiful Handwriting for Children:
Charlotte Mason, a British educator who lived from 1842-1923, recommended teaching children
Italic handwriting. She wrote: "Some years ago I heard of a lady who was elaborating, by means of the study of old Italian and other manuscripts, a 'system of beautiful handwriting' which could
be taught to children. [This is] a style of writing which is pleasant to acquire because it is beautiful to behold. It is surprising how quickly young children, even those already confirmed in
'ugly' writing, take to this 'new handwriting.'" (Home Education, p. 235-236)
- Italic handwriting instruction within a 'Charlotte Mason' framework
- Suggestions for writing-readiness activities
- Overview of steps in teaching handwriting to children
- May be used at all grade levels—elementary through high school
- Lessons and practice in Basic Italics and Cursive Italics
- Articles on copy work
- Models in handwritten basic and cursive italics for children to copy
- Quotes to transcribe into basic or cursive italics
- Variations on copy work--ideas to make it more challenging and instructive
- 100-page consumable workbook in PDF format that will be sent via email